Thursday, April 1, 2010

Back To The Queen Mary!


Just having read the Cunard blog re archbishop Desmond Tutu's stay onboard QM2 on her current World Tour, I am reminded how sorely I miss being on board.   I would be quite happy to be still be sailing , and you can bet, I would have met his excellency, the Archbishop!    He was onboard from Port Louis, Mauritius  to Capetown, South Africa.   There are photos on the Cunard blog. and I'm sorry I missed it.    Friends that I met during my stay on board are still traveling forward, at that very civilized speed of 24 knots or so.   I decided it's time to post more QM2 photos that I took along the way.  She's quite a beautiful ship, and I took photos all over the place.   This post features the grand Britannia Restaurant,  where I enjoyed dinner every night, as well as some lunches and one breakfast!    The food I thought was quite good, entrees were always hot,  beautifully plated,  graciously delivered by warm, friendly waiters.    They were always happy to do this, do that, whatever you wanted, no problem.    I loved it.   I love it that Cunard hires staff from all over the world.   It helps to make the ship an interesting place, I think.    All in all, in terms of scale and grandeur, i think it she's right there with the great transatlantic liners of the past.    Clearly, the designer drew on them for inspiration when cooking up this beauty of a room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment