Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Along St. Charles Ave.

On the way into the station on the train I overheard someone talking about where she was staying in New Orleans: The Marquette House, for $20 per night.  My ears perked right up, as I had no idea where I was going to stay. She told me it's a hostel in the Garden District, on the St Charles Ave streetcar line with lots of cafes nearby.  We walked there together, they had plenty of room (don't try this during Mardi Gras), I forked over $100 and I was set for five nights!  Turned out to be a great place to stay, clean, friendly, a little quirky-just the ticket.  The weeks leading up to Mardi Gras are a fun  time to be there, the crowds have yet to arrive, but the city is already decorated and in a party mood (well I guess it's always that) and the weather is comfortable.  I had a great stay, I'd love to return, I took a ton of photos, so there will be several posts.  Enjoy the Big Easy!
This is not the Marquette House, but its nearly identical next door neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment