Thursday, March 18, 2010

Yesterday Morning, That Special California E Ticket Ride--an Earthquake!




Sleep at my sister Margaret's house in Pasadena was interrupted at 4:04 a.m. by a 4.4 earthquake.   Lots of rattling, no damage, it woke me right up!   A little nerve racking, I guess, but I have to admit I kind of liked it.   Of course there's lots of dif between 4.4 and 8.9, on the richter scale.    Flew up later in the morning to San Francisco, where tonight I'm spending one last night, before heading East tomorrow morning on train no. 6, the California Zephyr.  Met up with my cousin Michael and his daughter Marika for a really good dinner tonight.     I realized recently if I arrived home in Denver on Friday that I will have gone around the world in 80 days!   So there you have it, that's the deal.   I still need to blog more about the Queen Mary 2, and of my time in California, with photos of course, so stay tuned!   Pictured is Margaret and family's home is Pasadena.  Thanks to all of you who been reading the blog!   

No comments:

Post a Comment