Friday, May 17, 2013

Paris To Budapest, TVG To Munich, Then Hungarian Sleeper Overnight

Traveling at 300 kph (about 200 mph) gets you to Munich really fast, less than 6 hours.  Unfortunately I did not "mind the gap" when I stepped off the train at a stop in Germany, my left leg shot straight down to the track between the platform and the train.  People helped haul me out.  Scraped up the front of my leg a fair bit, but I'm fine.  It was kind of funny.  There was about two hours in Munich, time to throw my bags in a locker and do a bit of a wander before catching the train at 23:40 from Budapest.  The sleeping car was really nice, new and comfortable.  There some fun people on board, we yacked until after 2 am, when the train stops in Salzburg.  It splits there into three sections, one to Venice, one to Zagreb, and us to Budapest.  Then I slept really good!




Very modern platform in Salzburg

Arrival at Budapest Keleti Station

No comments:

Post a Comment